Thread: Description on media center

Description on media center

I want to install a Media Center PC in my home. I need a small description on Windows Media center. I have a windows 7 computer. what are the different options. Can we connect media center through wireless. What hardware is needed and what are the best features. How to install the same on wired network.

Re: Description on media center

With the set up of windows media center extender. The media stored in the windows 7 of your system can be run in the another room of your home. To have this you have to connect the home network. The settings of the home network are as this way. connect your computer with the extender in the different rooms of your home. You connect it to the home network. And you can access photos, songs and a lot from your windows 7 computer. You can connect up 5 extenders on 1 computer.

You can also connect the extender to wired network. In your home network you can connect it through Ethernet cable. It is called a network connected by a wire. It can move faster ant it is reliable. For setting up this network you have to follow the procedure. plug the Ethernet cable to it's port on your switch. For your extender plug the code to the other end of the cable. Then put the power code in the extender. Make sure that the network connection is done properly.

The extender can also be connected through wireless network. With out the help of Ethernet cables in your home you can run your extender connection. The home network can be set as follow, If you are connecting network by wireless the extender without the help of you it connect automatically. You can disconnect the wired network by removing the cable and you can turn off the extender. You can again start the media center extender device. After you start the extender, then you connect it to a wireless network. And the setting follow the instruction given on the screen.