Thread: Onboard CMI9880 drivers for Windows 7

Onboard CMI9880 drivers for Windows 7

I'm running Windows 7 as my operating system. I want your help to in order to install my audio driver on Windows 7. My mother board model is Asus p5ad2 and cmi9880 audio driver. Now the problem is that i can install it, but i can't open c-media audio on my system. If somebody knows about a compatible driver for my onboard CMI9880 for Windows 7? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Onboard CMI9880 drivers for Windows 7

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available. The issue occurs when you run the setup.exe of the drivers that you downloaded. It's a common install issue but it you claim the OS and drivers are installed proper.

Check to see if you have more than one sound device listed under Playback Devices and make sure the right one is selected. Try to set a system restore point before you try to install a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer. Windows Update is offered as a service to hardware/software manufacturers as a way to easily distribute their driver/application updates to Windows Users.

If your computer came pre-installed with Windows XP or Windows Vista, check the computer manufacturers website for Vista compatible drivers. Before you install this driver, you need Microsoft High Definition Audio bus driver. You can install MS HDA separatly from older version of Cmedia driver. Check to make sure that the hardware manufacturer will be supporting that device with Windows 7 compatible drivers. If the manufacturer of the device has newer drivers that are not available on Windows Update, you must go to the website of the device manufacturer to download them.