Thread: Adobe Illustrator won't start

Adobe Illustrator won't start

I just got a new machine with windows 7. I have installed Illustrator CS3 for image editing and for merging some image which are in jpeg format. My Adobe Illustrator won't start after updating windows. It says acrobat.dll file missing. I have tried to reinstall Illustrator CS3 but it didn't solve my problem. Thanks in advance if anyone has information.

Re: Adobe Illustrator won't start

After clicking on the icon to boot Illustrator, immediately hold down shift command alt. You will be asked if you wish to reset the prefs, click ok. If that does not fix your problem, you may have some windows 7 security issues and can run the disk utility, in your applications folder, then click on the fix permissions button.

Make sure that any antivirus software is disabled before installing ILL. A .ILL file is known as a ILL Transaction File. For some reason ILL, of all Adobe apps, has a nasty habit of getting messed up when installed with Antivirus software enabled. Also try this delete the CS2 Illustrator Settings file and the com.adobe.illustrator.plist file and restarting. Restarting Illustrator under a different User account.

If Adobe Illustrator won't start then i'll suggest you to manually remove Illustrator and then install it. The uninstaller is designed to remove everything installed by Illustrator. If you can't unistall through add-remove programs, try searching your computer for all Illustrator files and deleting them then comb through your regisrty for anything that refrences Ilustrator and delete those keys. Then try re-installing.