Thread: No Sound on pc

No Sound on pc

hey my problem with my pc is that i have no sound ,i checked out my sound and audio devices , the first tab says no devices ??????? so yeah realy sucks not have sound , o i tried downloading new devices like "realtek HD audio" so plz any one plz help me !!!

Re: No Sound on pc

It is necessary to install the audio driver to play sound. First you have to find out that which audio hardware is available on your motherboard. If you are using Windows then right click on My Computer > Properties > Device Manager. In the list check out for Audio part. See that there is no exclamation mark or unknown device. If you found any then you will need your motherboard CD to install the drive. Otherwise post here your motherboard's model number.

May be your sound driver would be having some problem because of which there is no sound on your computer. You can install it with the driver automated cd given to you with your computer. Make sure that after installing the sound driver you restart your computer. And install sound driver first then install other drivers because sometime it may happen that it does not work if do not do it in that way.

Go to Control Panel and then 'sound'. Pick an event that has a sound associated with it (like 'windows start'). If the little '>' or speaker next to the sound name is black, that means your driver is installed correctly. Click on the speaker icon in the tray and make sure the little speaker in "mixer" doesn't have a little red circle in it which is mute. f it is grey, that means it is not installed correctly. If it is black and you click on the >, the sound should play. If you can't hear it you either have the 'mute' on in the volume control box, or your speakers are plugged into the wrong hole in your sound card.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    It is necessary to install the audio driver to play sound. First you have to find out that which audio hardware is available on your motherboard. If you are using Windows then right click on My Computer > Properties > Device Manager. In the list check out for Audio part. See that there is no exclamation mark or unknown device. If you found any then you will need your motherboard CD to install the drive. Otherwise post here your motherboard's model number.
    hey did wat you said and the only exclamation mark i have is under modems tab and it called "modem devices on high deefinition audio bus" so i dont know what that is ,do you have any ideas ? thanks for the help