Thread: Adobe Flash Player plugin freezing

Adobe Flash Player plugin freezing

I recently bought an Dell desktop. I have installed windows xp on that machine. Flash player ran perfectly smoothly before installing plug-in. I am using Firefox browser but after installing new plug in my browser start crashing, flash pages would no longer work. What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!

Re: Adobe Flash Player plugin freezing

First you need to download and Install nspluginwrapper from here, it enables you to use plugins on platforms they were not built for. Now you need to install libflashsupport using the following command : sudo apt-get install libflashsupport, Run the following commands :sudo apt-get remove --purge flashplugin-nonfree, sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree. Now you need to Restart firefox.

It's obviously a problem with the Flash plugin, because it crashes browsers after it's installation. I would suggest when using your firefox Browser you go to adobe site and uninstall all the Flash Player installations you may have in Add and Remove (if you have more than one) then use a cleanup utility such as CCleaner, reboot and install from this site the latest Flash Player.

If Firefox is crashing, first make sure you are using the latest public release version of Firefox, which will have the most recent fixes. You can download and install the latest version of Firefox from mozilla site. Find that flash9.ocx and right click it and select Copy then then right click and select Paste. Now right click on that copied file and rename the file to flash.ocx Do not delete the original flash9.ocx file. This has corrected the problem for many others.