Thread: Lenovo X200 became very slow

Lenovo X200 became very slow

I have a lot of problems with Lenovo X200 which has recently started working very slow to exit the standby and running with Windows Vista. Yet everything seems to be quite clean. The CPU is in 2/3%, the relatively low ram, so I will not really see what can be that. The defragmentation, disk cleanup, CC cleaner, Spybot and AdAware does nothing and a virus scan.

Re: Lenovo X200 became very slow

One explanation for the slow, would Windows Defender and Ad-aware which are both of spyware. There is one worry, as the antivirus.

Ad-aware is not really useful or effective and still consumes memory and resources, so you should remove it and let Windows Defender run.

Otherwise, there is indeed an infection that your computer: the AskBar which is a bad toolbar.

To get rid of all that, do it in order:

• Downloads ToolbarSD
    • Launch the installation program by running the downloaded file.
    • Now double-click on the Shortcut Toolbar-S & D.
    • Select the desired language by typing the letter of your choice and then confirm by pressing Enter.
    • Directly choose Option 2 (Delete) and patient until the end of the research.

A report appears at the end of the deletion (C:\TB.txt)

Then, use this tool also:

[LIST][*]Go to this address to download AD-Remover[*]Click on Download and save the tool on the desktop. [*]Double click the installation file AD-Remover, the program will install automatically. [*]Once launched, in the main menu choose option "L" and tap Enter to confirm

I'll do a scan with these two programs. I'll post soon. I am not sure how fair the AskBar could slow the entire computer as that. The computer was already extremely slow before using Spybot and Adaware. So I do not think it is the cause of the problem, but I'm going to remove that to see if there is a difference you think that? I also feel that the hard drive is switch to PIO4 and not in UDMA.

The hard disk is passed PIO4? All alone? If so, you should change it and modify it if DMA is sure it could paddle a little while copying files or others.

For the Ask Toolbar, it is strongly discouraged. And basic, yes it can slow down the computer, it modifies the browser, the search engine by default (which can direct you to websites at risk) etc. Toolbar SD and Ad-Remover will help you get rid away cleanly and scan the PC for other harmful elements.

On the other hand, Antispyware Spybot and Ad-aware slows the machine on their side as they are launched by windows for protection and real-time scanning. So, it requires more memory (twice actually), it requires the processor a little more, etc..

The drive past PIO explains everything in general. To restore the DMA you should simply delete the IDE channel in question and restart the machine, find the channel and submit the correct settings. Here can be a symptom of too many disk errors, or following an unlucky break at the end of battery. The drive runs well in PIO 30 times slower than UDMA, I saw a Toshiba that had the same problem, and also with a low processor occupancy.