Thread: Recording device not found

Recording device not found

Hello to all,

I am having a problem regarding the recording device which happens by mistake and now i am unable to fix that problem. One day i was working on my PC and i have deleted the "LINE IN" from my recording device by mistake. I looked for that every where but could not find any so finally i decided to format my PC. I formatted it with the genuine XP CD but after installation of the OS i again checked for the same and still unsuccessful. So finally i decided to take your advise. Help me with same.

Waiting for the reply

Re: Recording device not found

Hi,

Why don't you try system restore. It will take you back to the date when you deleted the "line in" form your system. After you restore it then do the following:

• Click on Volume tab,
    • Go to Advanced button beneath Device volume and click on the word Options
    • Click on the Properties and select Playback.

There you will see lots of option of the sound output. Check whether all entry are enable. If they are not then check them to enable. See that they are set to the mute otherwise you will not able to hear sound from that.

Hi,

As per my knowledge you r problem is with the sound driver. It is better to install the sound driver on your system, so that you can access the sound feature for your system. If this does not solve the problem of yours then also make it sure that your computer is affected with virus. sometime virus can also cause failure of the driver. Do the same to help you out .

Thanks you.

If your facing the problem with the Recording or the playback the i will suggest you to update the XP for your sound device drivers,
    with the help of the Device Manager. If Windows Device Manager is not getting the drivers formthe other site except Microsoft,and if you have recording or playback problems with the latest non-Microsoft drivers then download the sound driver directly from the motherboard CD
    Thanks.