Thread: Excel Loads format incorrectly

Excel Loads format incorrectly

Hello

I am have problems with one of my users' excel 2007.

We have resently upgraded her to a new PC, and the problem occurs when she opens certian excel documents that were created on her old PC, of which she has over a hundred documents.

When she opens these documents, some of the format settings seem to default, which causes her problems. So far as I can see, the following things are defaulting:
    1) The zoom percentage when viewing the document
    2) The print area
    3) The row height

The other PC's here all open the documents with the correct saved settings, but what really confuses us is if she opens the document and changes the settings, then sends it to someone else, then they see the original settings from before the new PC, with her changes as well.

Thinking it my be network related I copied the document to her PC, made changes to it and e-mailed to myself, but hers views wrong, and mine views correctly.

Thinking the problem may be excel version, I ran updates and she is now on the excact same version as me, but the problem persists.

Think it may be profile related, I created a fresh profile with my username and logged on, but the same problem was there.

We have tried several other things over the last 3 working days but still no results. I even compared her excel settings one by one to mine, and they are all the same.

She is running Windows XP sp3 and Office Professional 2007 SP2

Thanks for any help, insight or ideas that you may be able to provide.

Re: Excel Loads format incorrectly

Hey,

This can be possible because of the ASAP utility. ASAP utility is nothing but the the add on of the Excel 2007. If it is installed in your PC then possibly it is loading the format incorrectly. So check for the this add on in your system and if find any just disable that and try again to load the file. I hope this will surely help you to solve your issue regarding the same. All the best.

Thank you

Other than the utility issues try reinstalling the software by uninstalling the installed one. This might help in making the things better.

Thanks for the assists.

I've had a look, and ASAP utilies are not on the PC as an installed program, Add In or service.

We had the same though about reinstalling it, but its a MLK. We are looking into sending it back to the retailer to get it reinstalled, but have to wait to get that authorised.

Any other ideas?