Thread: Outlook 2007 sending from application problem - Windows 7

Outlook 2007 sending from application problem - Windows 7

Help please! When sending a mail from within a program (using Outlook 2007 & XP) i used to get a small block that popped up asking : "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I then clicked yes and a progress bar would run while it sent the mail to the email address specified by the program. Since changing to windows 7, the process is the same untill I click yes - no progress bar, after a few seconds a new mail window opens up and I have to enter the address manually. Is there any way to get it to work the same as in Windows xp so that the new window does not open up asking me to enter all the details?

Re: Outlook 2007 sending from application problem - Windows 7

The issue can be resolved by running the program under administrator process. Then change the security issues which is trying to block or make the things to refill again and again. Windows 7 is much more advanced and has more security protection enabled which do not anonymous access to files or folders.

When programs like Microsoft ActiveSync® or Palm Desktop attempt to access your contact information so that you can synchronize your personal digital assistant (PDA), you are notified that "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook." You get this message because the Outlook Address Book is guarded programmatically for security reasons. This is to prevent viruses from taking over your address book without your permission and spreading themselves using e-mail addresses in your Contacts folder.In general, you cannot prevent this caution from appearing. You should not get this message if your synchronization software is a trusted add-in that can properly identify itself to Outlook as a safe program. Check with your synchronization software vendor.

For more information Click Here

If you don't want to enter same email over and over again then in this case you have to create new template. By creating template you can save your time. If you want to enable template option then you have turn off word as email editor.
    You can turn off word as email editor by following way:
    Open outlook 2007 -> select Mail Format option -> now uncheck the word.

Now you can create new template using following way.
    Open new email message -> select the receiver -> now select file\ Save as option from the menu -> select new outlook template with .oft format and choose file and folder to save the template. After this you can go to the location where you had saved your template and double click on it.

Thanks for all the help so far, but no success yet!
    I have outlook 2007 on both an xp machine and a windows 7 machine.
    I try to send a mail using an external application, and the outlook security message pops up as in Pic 1 http://i48.tinypic.com/23set7s.jpg
    I click allow and in Pic 2, http://i50.tinypic.com/snkjlt.jpg , XP allows the message to be sent as seen, but in Windows 7, the progress bar never appears and a new message window is opened instead. How can I get Windows 7 to send the message automatically, just like in Windows XP.

I have run everuthing as Administrator and even disabled UAC, but no luck yet in getting Outlook 2007 to respond the same way in Win 7 as in Win XP.

This is driving me mad!