Thread: Free program to copy background on Windows 7

Free program to copy background on Windows 7

Recently i have upgraded my system for Windows Xp to Windows 7. I'm looking for recommendations for a background copy program that supports Windows 7 (both 32- and 64-bit). I need to copy several large files on a regular basis from my computer to the file server, and I'm looking for a program that will do that without trying to hog all the computer resources and bandwidth. So, can any one tell me that which is the best free program to copy background on Windows 7? any one knows about it? Let me know your views on the above topic. Thanks.

Re: Free program to copy background on Windows 7

Even at low priority, since the file copy will involve using system resources - e.g., the disk drive and memory - you probably will feel some impact by any task running in the background while you are using Windows interactively. Second Copy is the perfect automatic backup software designed for all versions of Windows, including Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit), you have been looking for.

You also have programs like GFI backup and Karen's Replicator which just copy over the whole file. Whereas, Second Copy makes a backup of your data files to another directory, disk or computer across the network. It then monitors the source files and keeps the backup updated with new or changed files.A method for managing background display information in a program being installed on a computer system, comprising, storing a copy of the background display information in a memory location, wherein the copy of the background display information is maintained in the memory location after the program is installed onto the computer.

If you want you can use Coding4Fun Issue 2: Background Copy on your Windows 7. Or you can create a batch file, containing XCOPY command(s) (or even just COPY), and schedule the command to run via the Task Scheduler. Coding4Fun Issue 2: Background Copy allows you to schedule and manage downloads using the Background Intelligent Transfer Service. For more information, you can check out the following link. It runs in the background with no user interaction. So, once it is set up you always have a backup of your data somewhere else.