Thread: Runtime Error when the program starts !?!

Runtime Error when the program starts !?!

When I start some program like "Quickbooks Basic QBW32.Exe" or other I get the Error saying that "This program has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way". This screen appears as soon as I try to open the mentioned application. Sometimes it stats that "Runtime Error!" and gives me the path where the application is installed. i.e. C:\ Program Files... Is there any compatibility issue with the operating system.? I am using the Windows Vista. I am not able to sort out this problem. Need Help.

Re: Runtime Error when the program starts !?!

The Runtime Error generates when some unwanted programs interfere with the workings of programs. Some common programs that are responsible for interfering with other programs are Relevant Knowledge, PremierOpinion and some spy-wares. You will have to locate the exact program that is causing the issue. Since you are using the Windows Vista follow the steps to uninstall that program :

1. Click on the Start button and go to the Control Panel.
    2. In control Panel select the "Programs and Features".
    3. You will see the programs mentioned above, select that program and choose the option "Change/Remove" to remove that programs.
    4. When this gets completed restart the computer.

Hope there will be no error while opening the certain programs.

I would suggest you to remove the Spy Wares or Ad-Aware programs. When I was facing the Run-Time Error, removal of spy-wares made to fix that issue. Make sure that you are using the updated version of software for removal of the spy-wares or Ad-Aware programs. And I am sure that will help you too.

The "Runtime errors" are usually caused by a corrupted Windows registry due to invalid entries. This can happen because of improper software installation or removal. If you cannot fix that registry the error gets generated. So try to fix the problem by using the registry cleaner from the
    http://www.techarena.in/download/twe...-optimizer.htm
    It is absolutely safe to download from this site. This will fix your problem.

I think that the error message is getting generated from the start-up sequence of windows. So to rid of this error first click on Start and then on Run. Type msconfig in the box and hit enter. Click on the tab start up. Now you can view all the programs running at the start up of the system. Uncheck the line of the file that you have mentioned. If you don't know exactly which one to uncheck than uncheck all programs. Again go to service tab and select the option "hide all microsoft services". Disabling some important programs that needs at time of start up will cause some severe problem. So do it safely. If everything works well, then will not get the run time error.