Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2009

Windows 7 Auto Login and refashion Login screen

I have setup a new computer system at my place. I early used Window XP. But now I have setup the new configuration for Windows 7. I have not used Windows Vista ever and hence Windows 7 is a bit confusing for me with all its Customizing and refashioning feature. I have heard that we can customize the Login Screen in Windows 7 and as well as Auto Login in Windows 7, how can we do it? What does one means by Refashioning or Customizing Login Screen of Windows 7?
Old 06-12-2009

Re: Windows 7 Auto Login and refashion Login screen

Yes, it is true that we can modify the Login Screen in Windows 7. This is possible by using the utility Windows 7 Logon Background Changer WPF based provided with Windows 7 by Microsoft. Thus now one can easily customize the wallpaper for login screen. This will enable you to have a 3D animation wall paper for Login screen. No administrators right are required to execute this utility. It is a Open Source free software.
Old 06-12-2009

The very first requirement to customize Login Screen background in Windows 7 is the Windows 7 Logon Background Changer program which needs to be downloaded. Follow these steps to modify the Login Screen background in Windows 7 operating system:
  • Execute the Windows 7 Logon Background Changer program.
  • Now select the backgroung image from images folder for your Login screen.
  • Make the Image selection and then click on Apply.
Using these steps I was able to customize the Login screen for my Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium version which is very interesting customizing feature.
Old 06-12-2009

• Go to the Start menu at the bottom left of your desktop display.
  • Select Run and enter control userpasswords2 and click on OK button.
  • User account is to be selected in the advanced settings window of Windows users.
  • The option Users must enter a username and password to use this computer has a check box which should be unchecked.
  • Click on OK button.
The above steps are used to enable Auto-login in Windows 7. But this is advisable for machines that are used by only a solitaire user. If any other user gets access to such a machine then it can be hazardous for the already logged in user.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,