Thread: Cannot Hibernate on Windows XP

Cannot Hibernate on Windows XP

I am not able to hibernate my system having operating system Windows XP. I am facing this problem since I have installed the Office 2010 (Beta) on my system. Is there any problem with my OS or it is with Office 2010. I really don't know what made this happen..!! I use hibernation option many times to save the timings. Since I am unable to hibernate now I have to shut down my system every now and then. Has anyone experienced the same issue? Help me out.
    "Let us remember that our interest is in concord, not conflict, and that our real eminence rests in the victories of peace, not those of war." -McKinley

Re: Cannot Hibernate on Windows XP

I think it is not because of Office 2010. Maybe some of your OS files have been corrupted. This also happens when your video drivers are conflicting. You can enable it from the BIOS. After rebooting the system go to BIOS option. In BIOS screen go to the Advanced option and enable the hibernation. After restarting your machine go to shut down option, then press shift and try to hibernate.

You said you are facing this problem since you installed the Office 2010. I will suggest you to first uninstall your Office 2010 then try to hibernate. If you can hibernate now there is some issue with the Office 2010. And if you still can't hibernate check whether you have enabled your Hibernation which is in Power Option. If it is already checked then some files of OS has been corrupted. You will need to repair your OS.

There is another method to enable your hibernation. Go to the Start option. In start option go to run and type "powercfg /hibernate on". This will enable your hibernation mode. Check whether you can enter the hibernation mode. If yes, then your problem is solved. Otherwise you will have to repair your Windows XP, for next time to enter into hibernation Mode. Many times it happens that while installing some application the files of OS gets corrupted. This same thing might have happened in your case. There is definitely no issues with Office 2010, since I am also using it. So repairing your OS will fix your problem.