Thread: Mp3 doesnt work with IE8 on Windows 7

Mp3 doesnt work with IE8 on Windows 7

I have a problem which started recently. I have some Mp3 file embedded on my website and which doesn't work with IE8 on Windows 7. I have this computer with a dual boot system. Everything works with Windows XP with IE8 but the problem is caused in Windows 7. To test the problem i tried using Firefox with Windows 7 and it works. So the problem is with only IE8 and only in Windows 7. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?Why Mp3 doesnt work with IE8 on Windows 7? Thanks...

Re: Mp3 doesnt work with IE8 on Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Krupa View Post
    I have a problem which started recently. I have some Mp3 file embedded on my website and which doesn't work with IE8 on Windows 7. I have this computer with a dual boot system. Everything works with Windows XP with IE8 but the problem is caused in Windows 7. To test the problem i tried using Firefox with Windows 7 and it works. So the problem is with only IE8 and only in Windows 7. Can anyone tell me what might be the problem?Why Mp3 doesnt work with IE8 on Windows 7? Thanks...
    When I tried opening a web page with mp3s with IE8, it asked me to install the codec, which i did and after that installing the add on the mp3 played very well and without any problem. Does your system have this add-on installed? I think you should check that.

When I checked the Manage Addons from Tools menu I can see the Windows Media Player addon appears in the show all addons screen and it is enabled but when I select Currently loaded addons Windows Media Addon is not listed.
    I also tried disabling and then again enabling the addons but that doesn't help too. Does anyone know how I could remove the addon and then again install it? May be that could help me solve the problem...

You should try this : Remove Windows Media Player and then visit the webpage which has the embedded mp3s, which may ask you to install the addon, if it does, then try installing the codec again from the site itself, Hope this could help you run the embedded mp3. Also try this : From Control Panel open the Programs and Features menu, then click "Turn Windows features on or off" which will be on the left pane. From the new window which opens, untick Windows Media Player which is under Media Features and then reboot the computer. Repeat the same thing to re-enable it and see if that helps...