Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adaptor Driver Issue on Windows 7

Windows Software

Old 05-12-2009

Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adaptor Driver Issue on Windows 7

Just few days back i had got a brand new Windows 7 PC. Now the problem is that i no longer have Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter been displayed on the list of network connections. Windows identified the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adaptor as the problem, suggesting a reinstall of the driver- to which it attempted, and failed. But i can not see the Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport adaptor driver issue on my Windows 7? Any one knows how to resolve the above issue? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. thanks.

Old 05-12-2009

Re: Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adaptor Driver Issue on Windows 7

Do you know why this keeps coming back every time I restart my computer after uninstalling it in device manager? Verify that none of the adapters in the "Network Connections" window of XP have a keyword mentioned for wireless adapters. Virtual Wi-Fi is going to be a requirement for WLAN drivers sporting the Windows 7 certification logo, so drivers will be coming to add support for the feature.
Old 05-12-2009

I can only connect to one network at a time and I cannot do any sort of "splits" or anything. Any ideas on how to actually make USE of this virtual card? Windows 7 installs a virtual device if a Hosted Network capable WLAN adapter is present on the PC. This virtual device shows up in the "Network Connections Folder" as 'Wireless Network Connection 2' with a Device Name of 'Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter' if the PC has a single WLAN adapter. This allows the virtual device to be used solely for performing software access point (SoftAP)connections.
Old 05-12-2009

For now, I have found that disabling the device seems to stop errors - or even better, I have done a system recovery to a point before the device was detected. Removing the driver and reinstalling the latest was one of the first steps I tried with Compaq support, but it had no effect. Please let us know if there is anything else we can try. Try disable the driver, i guess it will solve the unexpected error.
Old 05-01-2011

In order to use this adapter you need a third party software program, like conectify. It will allow you to use the virtual card to create a ad-hoc network or you can use it as a access point

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,