Thread: Audiodg.exe and choppy sound recording problem on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Audiodg.exe and choppy sound recording problem on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Has anyone had the memory leak problem with this application? It is the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation, basically if you end it, your sound stops. I'm having a serious issue running a Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS side-by-side with a Lynx L22 soundcard under Windows 7 Ultimate x64. But my main problem has been that it eats a ridiculous amount of RAM, i had the pc on for half a day once, played a bit of CoD4 surfed the net, and this little bugger was using 2.5gb of system memory. The problem is that sound recording (on the Audigy only) suffers from "choppy" recording - the output of the Audigy's mixer consists of 11mS of silence followed by 48mS of sound. This happens at any native resolution and sample depth, so it's not a sample-related issue. How d o i resolve my Audiodg.exe and choppy sound recording problem on Windows 7 Ultimate x64? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Audiodg.exe and choppy sound recording problem on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Microsoft does not write drivers for third party hardware. I downloaded and installed it but when I tried to use it I got the same "sound card not detected" error message. Any drivers available through Windows Update are supplied by the hardware manufacturer/vendor. Your first source for hardware drivers and Tech Support is the manufacturer/vendor.

If you can not get your applications to detect the Microsoft Audio Qualify Manager Proxy shown in your device manager to work, then you need to into the sound options in control panel, clicking on the 'speakers' setting, selecting the 'enhancement' tab, and the checking the box labeled "disable all sound effects" might have some positive effect on the leaky memory hogging behavior of audiodg.exe.

You need to check out the following link, it will help you to download proper driver for your system. After updating the drivers and rebooting, you will be able to RE-Enable the sound effects (actually, the reinstall of drivers automatically un-checked the 'disable all sound effects' option). This driver set seems, so far, to have resolved the issue I was seeing with AudiDG.exe.