Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009

Not able to find msn on desktop

Hi friends I have a desktop and i want to use MSN Messenger. Once i started to download the MSN from the internet but after download when i install the software then the message comes that you have already installed the software.But i cant see it on the desktop icons. How can i find this software in my system? Is there any problem with my computer or its just a simple problem?

Last edited by Enriqueta : 03-12-2009 at 04:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2009

Re: Not able to find msn on desktop

You have problem in downloading and installing the MSN. The problem is that it shows that your desktop is already having this software. But the problem is that you are not able to find this software in your desktop. The icon is not available on the desktop as well as it is not present in the all programs of the start menu. You can find this software in the computer by searching it by the name. Start the search window - enter the folder or the software name. This will show you where the software is present in the desktop.
Old 03-12-2009

You can also find the MSN Messenger and the MSN folder by another way. This is very simple to do. Just go in the C drive of your hard disk drive and select program files folder from the available folders. If your computer already has the MSN Messenger installed then there will be a folder called as "Windows Live". Delete this folder and again install this software in your system. If you are searching for only MSN for internet then there will be a folder called "MSN" in the programs files. Open the folder and install the software.
Old 03-12-2009

If the above mentioned software folders are not available in the program files folder then these softwares are not properly uninstalled or removed from your computer system. First you should remove this software from the computer and then install the new version in the computer. To remove these softwares from your desktop start the CONTROL PANEL and select the 'ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS' , select the MSN from the list and remove it. Again install the new copy of the MSN messenger.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,