Thread: Problems with removing software

Problems with removing software

Hi.. When I try to remove some software packages through the Control panel's Add/Remove wizard I get an error stating that cannot remove the specified files. Is there any way to remove such softwares. I even tried by manually deleting from the OS drive but still it appears on the Add/Remove wizard. Help me out.

Re: Problems with removing software

Many times Updated versions of software not automatically removes the older versions. They have to remove manually. The recommendation is to use the Add/Remove or Uninstall a Program feature in Windows. Many times this process is unsuccessful to remove the desired software due to presence of very tiny bits of instructions of that program in the Windows Registry. When these tiny bits are remained, it come back to user, particularly if the program is one of the anti-virus. If nothing else, they clutter up the Registry, constantly increasing its size.

Many times this behavior can occur if you have manually deleted a program that is listed in the Install/Uninstall list in the Add/Remove Programs tool. You can use Registry Editor. But using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. For more information about how to edit the registry values, view the "Changing Keys And Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry". Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it. Delete the appropriate key under the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

The utility TweakUI PowerToy can be used to remove the unwanted programs forcefully. For using the TweakUI PowerToy follow the steps :

1. Click Start, Go to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double- click TweakUI, which yuo have installed currently.
    2. Now again click the Add\Remove tab, click the program that you want to remove,(which is not being removed by simple process) and then click Remove.
    3. Click OK, and then close Control Panel. Your program will be uninstalled.

emasculateovariectom Guest

i had same problem ... thanks