Thread: Outlook 2007 connection issues to exchange 2003 sbs

Outlook 2007 connection issues to exchange 2003 sbs

I hope someone can help point me in the correct direction here. Recently my 2003 SBS server crashed, and I have had to reinstall and recreate the server. All of our computers run Win XP SP2 and outlook 2003, except one. This computer is my issue. It is Win Vista Ultimate 64 byte that runs outlook 2007.

Prior to the server crash, it was able to connect to our exchange server and recieve mail. however now, it will not. Our server name did change with the crash, so i went to modify the email account to point to the new server address. When i go into the email accounts setup and select "Change" for this account, i add in the new location and the retype the user name.

The vista computer recognizes the server and the user and underlines both of them. Cache mode is turned on. Under advanced > Security, i have it set to use kerbose authentication (If I didn't select this, the system for this notebook only keeps asking me for username and password over and over like I am providing the wrong credentials*** only had to do this on this vista machine).

I then go and launch Outlook 2007. It starts in a disconnected state, i then try to connect to the server by pressing the "Send/Recieve" button.

The system returns an error saying it cannot connect to the server.

I am at a loss as I am not very familar with the 2007 outlook or Vista. All of the other computers on my network are functioning correctly, so my issue is just isolated to this notebook.

Can someone please help?

Thank you.

Re: Outlook 2007 connection issues to exchange 2003 sbs

Try out this solution hope this might help you. First run Windows registry editor by typing regedit on the run box. Then go to the following path - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\RPC. Now click on the edit menu and then select DWORD. Type DefConnectOpts and press enter. Now go in the Value data box and type 0 give ok and reboot your pc.