Thread: Anti virus issue on Virtual PC XP Mode?

Anti virus issue on Virtual PC XP Mode?

I am having operating system Windows 7 Pro. I am running Virtual PC, XP mode in Windows 7 Pro. There is no anti virus installed in my XP. The pop-up says that it is not protected. Do I still need to install an anti virus program even though XP is running in the virtual mode from within Windows 7? If I install the Anti virus will that conflict with Microsoft Security Essentials of Windows 7.? Thank you in advance.

Re: Anti virus issue on Virtual PC XP Mode?

According to me there is absolutely no need of installing the Anti-virus since you are running XP in virtual mode. The pop up you get is by default settings. Try to cancel that pop up by going to the firewall settings. Or just ignore it. That will not make any difference.

Virtual machine is a separate computer where the Virtual Mode mediates kernel-mode access to resources on the real machine, like hardware devices, but otherwise it's a totally independent machine. A Virtual Mode even has an emulated BIOS and hardware signature which is identified. But when you are using virtual OS within the another OS there is no need to install special anti-virus for that. Otherwise there will be definitely conflict occurring between the software.

After the wizard of virtual PC gets completed you will see a dialog that sets up XP for use. If everything goes well, you'll see a Virtual Windows XP with notification to install antivirus . It is better to install antivirus application, especially if you'll be downloading files in the Virtual Machine. So dont worry about the conflicts and try to install updated anti virus.