Thread: Show Folder Size by default on Windows 7

Show Folder Size by default on Windows 7

I had installed Windows 7 on my system. My backup program is set to backup only changes, not entire drives, on a daily basis. I would like to know that is there any way to get Windows 7 to show the folder size by default? Any one knows about it? Kindly provide me the correct solution for the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Show Folder Size by default on Windows 7

You can also change the settings, and also quickly switch to the system default size information. Windows Explorer probably lacks a few features that some people desperately require. It might be quite OK to use for the usual purposes, but when it comes to power tasks, it fails.

Folder Size Pro claims to do it.on your Windows 7. There is a freeware utility called Folder Size which works for xp only not in vista. But, Win7 has taught me one thing: the Apple adverts are spot on, and my next PC will be a Mac. Same cost in the end, for much less grief.

The gHacks blog details a registry hack that can be made in Windows Vista systems that sets a default folder size for opening a new Explorer window. Windows Explorer, by default, doesn’t show the size of the folder when you opt for the ‘Details’ view. This is one of the little things that users will find lacking in Windows Explorer. Seems like something that would be baked into the folder or view settings, but Vista users can tell you that you can get quite random sizes from opening a new window to dig through files or check photos.

TeraCopy replaces the default file copy tool in Windows XP and makes copying big files faster. The hack requires deleting a few registry keys and tweaking another, so definitely make a backup of your registry (File, Export) before proceeding. If a file is damaged, it tries a number of times to recover the file. Go for TeraCopy if you frequently deal with big files.