Thread: Sharing files from iPhone using MobileMe iDisk

Sharing files from iPhone using MobileMe iDisk

Hi, i am Mac os x user and having an iPhone too. While searching for some tips regarding MobileMe iDisk, i got the following post MOBILEME: iDisk . Well thanks for that but what i need to do is to share files from my iPhone using iDisk and am not able to find such tips mentioned there.

I request you guys to please make me know how can i share files from my iphone or iPod using idisk ? Help appreciated..

Re: Sharing files from iPhone using MobileMe iDisk

The iDisk app for iPhone and iPod touch makes your important files accessible anytime, anywhere and allow viewing popular file types, such as Microsoft Office and iWork ’09 documents and presentations, PDFs, and more, in portrait or landscape. To share files using the iDisk app on an iPhone or iPod touch, just follow these steps:-

• Open the iDisk app on your iPhone or iPod touch, then tap iDisk.
    • Tap the Share icon to the right of the file you want to share. The Share icon is grey when a link to the file hasn’t been shared, or when the shared link has expired.
    • Type the email address where you want to send a link to the file, or tap the Add button (on the right side of the address field) to choose a contact from your Contacts.
    • To change when the link to the file expires, or to add a password to the file, tap Options (below the Subject line), then make your choices.
    • Tap Email Link (in the upper-left corner) to return to the email. If you like, type a message for the email.
    • Tap Send.The file is added to your Shared Files list, and the Shared icon turns green to show that it’s shared.
    • Tap the green shared icon again at any time to share the file with someone new, or to stop sharing the file.

If you have Mac, you can use iDisk syncing to a copy of your iDisk on your computer to create and change it to make at any time, even when not connected to the internet. The changes you made to your iDisk on your computer that are synchronized with your iDisk on MobileMe while connected to the internet. If you logout, restart, or close your computer while your iDisk syncing, synchronization goes on even, when you open the program again.

To keep a copy of your iDisk on your computer, do the following:
    1. From the desktop on your Mac, choose Finder > Preferences, and in the General tab, make sure “Connected servers” is selected below “Show these items on the desktop.”
    2. This allows your iDisk to appear (or “mount”) on your desktop, so you can work with it as you would any other hard disk.
    3. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, and then click MobileMe.
    4. In the iDisk pane, click the Start button to turn on iDisk syncing.
    5. Before doing any other task on your computer, wait until the initial sync of your iDisk is complete. The initial sync takes longer than subsequent syncs.
    6. For more help using MobileMe preferences, choose Help > System Preferences Help, and then search for “iDisk syncing.”

The next time you disconnect from your iDisk or lose your Internet connection, a copy of your iDisk will be accessible from any Finder window.

Thanks for the quick and valuable help, mates. That is all i wanted to know. Now i can easily share my files from iPhone using iDisk. I appreciate all your helps. Keep it up !!