Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2009

Disable all icons on my dekstop

Hello. I have a desktop system and using Windows XP service pack 2 as the operating system. There is no problem its just that I want to hide all my desktop icons in order to make the desktop clean. This would make it look clear and need a shortcut item through which I could access all documents. Is there any software or application tool to do so. Please suggest.
Old 01-12-2009

Re: Disable all icons on my dekstop

Well there is an option for doing the necessary thing. As you are using Windows XP you get an option for hiding all desktop items. All you need to do is to on the desktop just right click. You will get an option of arrange icons by. As you select that option another window opens which will have an option of show desktop icons. It might be checked as right mark. Just click on the option it will be unchecked and the icons would be hided.
Old 01-12-2009

The above explanation shows you how you can hide the desktop icons. Apart from that for simple steps just follow this procedure. Right click on desktop> Arrange icons> Show desktop icons. Make it uncheck by clicking on it. Also as you need to use a shortcut for accessing some folders You can directly press the shortcut key for windows explorer that is "Windows button+E". This would execute the explorer.
Old 01-12-2009

There is a software application tool for the making the shortcuts to the desired folder you want to access or use. This is actually a status bar like that has folders and elements that can be placed in it. It has autohide feature that is it can be viewed if the user points the mouse towards its location. The name of the software is Objectdock. You can download it from stardock.com. Even Rocket dock can be used for the same.

Last edited by JonathanD : 01-12-2009 at 04:40 PM.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,