Thread: Windows Xp scenes problem on 360 HD DVD drive

Windows Xp scenes problem on 360 HD DVD drive

I had installed Windows Xp along with having 360 HD DVD drive on my system. Now the problem is that when i try to save a scene, my system gets locked up after i hit the "B" button. I haven't yet tried the other Universal disks. Does anyone knows why i'm facing Windows Xp scenes problem on 360 HD DVD drive? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Windows Xp scenes problem on 360 HD DVD drive

It may not be the auto-disable feature causing this, but something is causing the DreamScene component to error out and exit. You can always convert the file system to NTFS later, however. Windows XP includes a command line utility, convert.exe, that will convert a FAT or FAT32 drive to NTFS. Open a command line window and type convert /? for details. Does the popup error window have any other details besides "Windows DreamScene has encountered an error"?

The Event Viewer records everything that happens on the system, whether it is error related or not. You've got to wonder why the 360 HD DVD add on has so many issues when it's the most upgradable of any of the HD DVD players out there. For that you need to check out your Event Viewer on your system.

I think it happens when it gets to the compatibility folder. Even i was facing the same problem on my 360 drive as well. Whenever i put the disk in, the screen used to go black, it reverse up like it's about to play then it slows down, the screen flickers then it used to go back out to the main xbox live area. There are some registry values that control these functions with DreamScene, but even if the user manually changes these values, the system will override the manual changes.