Thread: Firefox is already running error

Firefox is already running error

I have installed windows xp on my computer and i ma using Mozilla Firefox 3.0. The problem is when i start firefox it gives an error message "Firefox is already running". I have tried to close the Firefox but it again comes when restart it.

Re: Firefox is already running error

Firefox needs a little time to shut down completely before you can reopen it. If you just closed Firefox a short while earlier, wait a minute and then try again. There is numerous factor that can cause Firefox to hangs and most commonly are linked to problematic extension and conflict with third party programs (securities software).

First try to uninstall Firefox from windows xp then reinstall , follow these steps: Select Control Panel > Double-click Add or Remove Programs > select Firefox > Click Remove then install it. After installation, the Firefox Import Setting Wizard will run asking whether you want to import your favorites, internet options, cookies, saved passwords and a variety of other data settings from Internet Explorer.

If Firefox did not shut down normally when you last used it, Firefox might still be running in the background, even though it is not visible. Restart your computer to see if the problem goes away. Sometimes Firefox has difficulty starting. Open the Task Manager and make sure all the Firefox process is closed. Now start Firefox and not do any other task while waiting for FF to open.