Thread: Mikomi DC-7130 webcam driver issue

Mikomi DC-7130 webcam driver issue

I have recently upgraded to Windows Vista and I am having problems with installing my webcam which used to work fine on my Windows XP. I have just bought the Mikomi DC-7130 webcam and i have installed it and plugged it in and on my computer it shows that it is plugged in, but when i try to use it on MSN messenger, it doesn't show up. Can any one tell me that why i'm facing Mikomi DC-7130 webcam driver issue? I was just wondering if anyone knew what webcam driver i would need to download and install for this webcam? Does any body knows about it? kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Mikomi DC-7130 webcam driver issue

Unplug the cam. Uninstall all software and drivers related to it. Reboot. Install software and drivers. Now plug the cam back in. Go into Device Manager and REMOVE the Camera reboot when it is found tell it to search the web for a new driver. Be sure NOT to have any Camera dependent programs running when doing this.

First you need to changed the settings for the level of Virtual memory on my pc. If the Mikomi is listed as it should be with no exclamation mark then you will need to do something a little different. I put the levels up and also made the minimum and maximum levels the same. It's nice to have lots of memory on your pc but it does help to tell the pc it can use it without asking.

You might want to contact the manufacturer or the store you bought it from and see if there is another way you can get the drivers. Mikomi is rubbish didn't install in my computer and my computer has majority of the latest software had no problem installing anything else but their webcam i will not recommend this to anyone else as they are rubbish personally.

For that you need to just go directly to Mingjong website and search for your corresponding driver. A manual install should work. Most of the time I prefer to do a manual install because its faster (many driver software packages). They too have changed the model names of the web cameras, but still it's worth looking at the images to match what you have.