Thread: .Mkv file format conversion

.Mkv file format conversion

Hello. I have some files with .avi format and want to convert those into .mkv format. I want to know whether there is any software tool through which I which I can convert this file into Mkv[/B] format. I used AVi converter 1.2 for converting the file to the desired format. But was unable to perform. I use windows Xp as my operating system. Please guide.
    Last edited by Franscisco; 28-11-2009 at 08:16 PM.

Re: .Mkv file format conversion

Well this is considers or refers that the software may hve been missing some plugins due to which it is not able to convert the file into mkv format. This does happens when some plugins or codecs are missing in the software which results that it is unable to perform the task. You need to check for the additional plugins it might require to do the necessary stuffs.

One thing that I am not able to understand is why you want to convert the avi file to mkv format. Basically many do convert the vice versa that is from mkv to avi. Mkv format reduces the size of the video but it reduces the quality also. Avi also has low size but not low as compared to mkv. It has a good benefit that its quality is much better than MKV. But if you stiil want to convert them into Mkv get the software by searching Avi to Mkv converter download from Google.

If you need a good software for converting the avi file into mkv format then you need to have the software tool named MKV to AVI converter. You can get it downloaded from its official site by clicking on the link. This software tool has plugins that requires for conversion and without even causing any problems. Hope this might help you out.

tiffany00antonio Guest

You must got your reason to convert AVI to MKV. AVI and MKV both are container formats and have advantages and disadvantages. Since you are running Windows XP, you can use RER Video Converter. It allows you to convert AVI to MKV . It's a step-by-step guide of converting AVI to MKV. And it's shareware. You can first try the trial version to see whether it is good for you.