Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to stop spam emails in outlook express

Windows Software

Old 28-11-2009

How to stop spam emails in outlook express

Hi,

I have Windows XP PC. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get Outlook Express to automatically send spam messages to a folder or delete them instead of showing in my in-box as spam and delete me. I wonder if there is any way to stop these emails in Outlook Express. Please help.

Old 28-11-2009

Re: How to stop spam emails in outlook express

Outlook Express does not have the ability to delete all spam before the reception. SO DO NOT have the ability to create specific rules for the new message subject lines, etc., and has the "Blocked Senders List," but unfortunately the spam comes with too many variables to be able to block everything. Where you have webmail accounts, you may consider simply visiting your mail account on the web. Most webmail accounts allow you to dial easily and quickly remove SPAM. You could then read the important mail, while there or download it to your Outlook Express program. There are some third party programs like Mailwasher to do a fair job of eliminating spam before it arrives, but you have to try the variety of spam blockers available.
Old 28-11-2009

ZoneAlarm has a spam filter that really catch most spam. that's not a good solution, but if you have a slow Internet connection, since only delete / move to junk mail folder after after being downloaded. Then all the spam folder is moved to the Zonealarm but you have to check to make sure that legitimate email would not in the spam folder.
Old 28-11-2009

You can use Microsoft Anti-Spam Filter email client, To use that, you need to connect to IMAP instead of POP3. You must go through the same process of creating the email account, but you must use IMAP as your incoming mail server . Your IMAP server is: mail.example.com Your SMTP server is: mail.example.com (Replace example.com with the name of your website) Remember to check the box "My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication" Add the folder "spam" to your list of IMAP folders. That's it! Simply move all your spam messages to IMAP folder "Spam" and the system will learn that you do not wish to receive these emails in your Inbox. (Important Note: The email messages in the Spam folder will not be marked as "Spam" until midnight PST each day. Please allow the messages to be in your spam folder at least 24 hours before disposing)

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,