Thread: Best Tactics training software

Best Tactics training software

I'm not so good while playing chess game. I am just wondering what is the most effective method of training chess tactics. I'm interested in improving my chess tactical skills. I am looking into purchasing a software package for tactics training. I don't know where I can get chess tactics packages or are there any good chess training software out there? Can any one tell me that which is the best Tactics training software? Any one knows about it? Let me know your views on the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Best Tactics training software

The benefit of learning speed reading with software in general, is that the software does allow for interesting eye pattern simulation training. With Chessimo you will learn and improve your game much more than if you studied any other book or software available. Chessimo is software specially designed for chess players who want to make progress, but have little time for studying. The basic concept of this training is to develop your chess strategy and tactics through repetition and memorization of key concepts (patterns) and positions.

Take your time with each chess puzzle, and really try and find the answer. Amusive Chess is a chess game simulator made by MyPlayCity.com. It is designed to be a web-browser game, so it is very light and compact. After you have gone through a few tactics problems, you will probably find it gets easier to hone in on where the action is, and your tactical eye will get sharper. However, the game is also available for download, meaning that you can play it even if your computer is offline. The game board is very simple, just a 2D view of the chessboard with 2D pieces. However, it does look good enough to do the job. The whole main window has all the options you need, from the game preferences to the view options of the game. A nice touch is the movement history at the right of the screen, somehow that position seems ideal for it.

Until recently, that was not a practical wish. However, the introduction of the TacBase tactics training program changed all that. If you do not solve an exercise (whatever Strategy, Tactics or Endgames) during a relatively short period of time, the program will present you the solution and you will have to repeat the exercise. TacBase is ready to be your training companion. When the disk is inserted, the program fires up and you are given a list of choices. TacBase comes with the ever-popular Winboard chess interface, so you can begin solving tactics problems immediately with the software provided.