Thread: How to create table and Modify tables in Microsoft Access 2007

How to create table and Modify tables in Microsoft Access 2007

I am new on Microsoft Access 2007. I want to learn creating and making small databases. As to start from the base how to first use Access. How to create a own table. Microsoft Office 2007 looks almost different. There are more new things added. I am not familiar with it and need step by step solutions to make tables in Microsoft Access 2007. And how to Modify tables in Microsoft Access 2007. If I have created some sample or simple table database related to a sales report then to make changes what major modification I can use. I can only edit the numbers and calculations. What more options does Microsoft Access 2007 provides. I want to set properties for the different fields in the table. But I don't know how to do the same.

Re: How to create table and Modify tables in Microsoft Access 2007

Click on the new option of the Office Button (click the Office icon in the upper left of the screen) that appears to the right of the screen. The window for Introduction to Microsoft Office Access opens. Select the Blank Database.At the bottom you can also select a template to create a new database based on it.Blank Database will then appear on a panel to the right of the screen the following table: New Database. Here, you must specify the file name database.

To select the folder where you save the file you can click the Search button. This opens the following dialog box. Where you indicate the name of the database we are creating and where will be saved. To Save it: click on the arrow to the right to select the folder where you will save the database. Double-click the folder where you saved the file. In the Name text box will appear the path and file name you selected. Save your file.

To create a data table we have to click on the Create tab to display its options. Under Tables can select these options: Create Table. The Table button opens the Data sheet view, is to enter data directly in the table and depending on the value you enter in the column will determine the type of data you have the column. Templates table creates a table from a list that is predefined, open a table of this type and only have to fill with your data. Share Point Lists is to create an object well-matched with a Share Point site from which you can share data stored in the list or table with other persons with access to the same place.

If you create a table, we want to change some of its definition (eg add a new column, expand an existing column, delete a column, etc ...) we will require a change in its design. Open the database where the table to modify, if that was not. contextual: Right click on the table you want to modify, select Design View on the shortcut menu. The window tables design studied in the previous thematic unity.

To modify the definition of a field, place the cursor on the field to modify and make the necessary replacements. To add a new field, go to the bottom of the table and write the definition of the new field, in one of the fields already created and click the button of the Design tab, in the latter case the new field is inserted before they are positioned. To remove a field, go in the field and click the Layout button. Select the entire row for the field by clicking on the extreme left and when highlighted press the Delete key or Del. This will clear the field of table definition and the data stored in the field will also disappear. Finally, save the table.

Each field in a table has a number of features that provide additional control on how to operate the field. The properties appear in the bottom left of the Table Design view when we have a selected field. The properties are grouped into two tabs, the General tab where we list the general characteristics of the field and the Search tab on which we can define a list of valid values for the field.

The last tab is explained in item 3 along with the assistant search. The properties of the General tab can be changed to a data type or other properties while the Search tab change depending on the type of control associated with the field. Keep in mind that if you modify the properties of a field after he entered the data in these input data may be lost.