Thread: Eradicate Keyloggers from Dell desktop

Eradicate Keyloggers from Dell desktop

Hi. I am using dell Inspiron 545s slim desktop system. It is installed with Windows Xp. The problem am facing is that I feel some of my important stuffs has been kept under a watch. I guess my system is affected with keyloggers. Please help me out. I tried a lot but was not able to get through to it. I am not able to detect it either. How can I take this keylogger out of my system?

Re: Eradicate Keyloggers from Dell desktop

Keyloggers are very dangerous. They are a kind of software that tracks certain necessary information like passwords, bank accounts and pin codes. It is installed in a system so that when a user enters the data through keyboard, the key press event stores the information and sends to the user who is keeping or tracking the system. This is extremely dangerous. It is also very difficult to track such threats as they can be installed on hundreds of places over the system. You need a good antivirus tool for this. Try AVG 9.0

Well you can go for Windows defender. This is a good tool for detecting spyware and malwares. YOU can get it from Microsofts official site and search for Windows defender. There is another alternative of detecting them. You right click on the menu bar and open the Task Manager menu. It can also be done by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Del. It will list all the applications that is currently working or running in the system. Click the tab that says Processes for viewing the applications. It will show information about all the programs,that is visible or are hidden. If you can distinguish which program is not of your application part then end the process or remove it. This way you can help you system to protect from Keyloggers.

Go to start menu. Then click on programs. Select the accessories option and go to accesibility. You will get an onscreen board option. Click on it. the onscreen board will appear. This can help you to enter the personla information without the help of keyboard as this is click press event and wont let the tracker to track the information. This is one way through which you can save the data to be tracked.