Thread: Autoplay discs for Windows xp

Autoplay discs for Windows xp

Hi. I need some information of how to make or burn the Windows Xp service pack 2 installation disc autoplayable if it is not. I want to make my own (CD)disc as autoplayable. I do not know how to burn the disc in that manner so that it can function the way I need. What are the parameters to be fulfilled to do this. I use nero 7 as my burning wizard tool. Please help.

Re: Autoplay discs for Windows xp

This can be done in a very simple and modest way. You just need to copy the windows files to your system on any of your local drives. After that Goto start click on run command. Type notepad in the text area and press enter. The notepad file will get open. Now you need to fil the parameters by typing [autorun]. press enter. then type open=setup.exe again press enter and type icon=icon.ico. save the fle to the location or into the folder where you have saved the windows setup files. Now write this file to disc. You may make your disc autoplay.

Well there is another way to which you can create your own autoplayable disc by imaging the autoplayable windows utility disc. You can do it by using nero. Open the nero application and then go to the copy cd section. It will then ask you two source as source and destination drive. make the source as the disc drive and destination to the place where it has to be saved. remeber make it as image recorder. Then start the wizard it will make an image of the disc. and then use the image to burn a new disc. It will be in the same format as the previous disc was.

It is very essential that you make the necessary ailments to be fulfilled. The above solution will help you out in making the discs autoplayable. You can also do it using nero as it provides an option of make a bootable disc. Create the bootable disc and make your windows xp utility disc as autplayable. This will lend in making the disc to be played automatically when you insert it.