Thread: Adobe 6 elements installation issue

Adobe 6 elements installation issue

I had recently upgraded Windows XP SP2 on my system and after that i cannot install Adobe Acrobat 6 elements on it. When i try to install Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 on my pc, it gives out an error message stating that "apdproxy.exe: Unable to locate component. This application failed to start because ConnAPI.dll was not found." can any one tell me that why i'm facing Adobe 6 elements installation issue on my pc? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Adobe 6 elements installation issue

Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 is the latest release from the Adobe Photoshop family. Before you install Flash Player for any Windows browser, uninstall all previous versions. After you have removed previous versions, you need to download and/or install Flash Player. Many different factors can cause installation problems, including problems with the AutoPlay feature, conflicting start-up items, incorrect data in the Windows registry, and hardware conflicts.

If you are having trouble installing, make sure that your Internet Explorer security level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow viewing of ActiveX controls. Adobe Reader (formerly Acrobat Reader) is available as a no-charge download from Adobe's web site, and allows the viewing and printing of PDF files. You may navigate Start --> Settings --> Control Panel instead of Start --> Control Panel. Additionally, the procedures in this document assume you are using the Classic View of the Control Panel. To view the Control Panel in the Classic View, click Switch To Classic View on the Control Panel navigation bar on the left side of the window.

Yes un-install it. but use the Adobe un-install program. Adobe software is really bad and "Windows like" in that is scatters files everywhere. Some of these procedures require you to locate hidden files and hidden folders. Some procedures require you to locate files by their full file names, which include extensions (for example, example_filename.ini). By default, Windows Explorer doesn't show hidden files, hidden folders, and file name extensions that it recognizes. Adobe's uninstaller knows where those files are.