Thread: Problem burning .daa file with PowerISO

Problem burning .daa file with PowerISO

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently i had installed PowerISO v3.8 on my system in order to burn a .daa file. Now the problem is that when i try to select the .daa image, media type and burning speed and then when i click on Burn, it tells me that the Media Detected is DVD-R (which is correct), but the very next line says “Media Detect Failed, or no media in drive”. So, can any body tell me that why i'm having problem while burning .daa file with PowerISO? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Problem burning .daa file with PowerISO

As far as I'm aware, PowerISO is the only app to handle .daa files. Try converting the daa to an ISO, this way you will have more options to play with mount it to an virtual drive, burn it to a cd. What are the contents of the .daa you are trying to extract/burn?

You can burn it with DVD Decrypter.To convert DAA to ISO, select menu item {"Tools" | "Decompress..."}, the "Decompress" dialog will popup. Then select source file and destination file, and click OK to start converting. Or otherwise PowerISO is a powerful CD/DVD image file processing tool, which allows you to open, extract, create, edit, compress, encrypt, split and convert ISO files, and mount these files with internal virtual drive. It can process almost all CD-ROM image files including ISO and BIN.

In order to resolve your above issue, you need to follow the below steps mentioned.
    • First you need to download PowerIso on your system, because the .daa only opens in this program.
    • Afterwards you need to open the .daa file in PowerIso. Then you need to go to File-->Save As, and on the file type select the iso file. The .daa must be converted to an ISO image to be burned.
    • Finally you need to open the ISO in PowerIso, Nero, or any other application which supports the ISO image format. Now you can burn the image to a disc. That's it and your job is done.