Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS4 Brush sizing issue

Adobe Photoshop CS4 Brush sizing issue

Recently i had installed Adobe Photoshop CS4 on my system. I've found that the circle defining a brush size begins to disappear between size 150 and 200. The only way to do this is to reduce my pencil diameter to one pixel, which is obviously way harder to draw. Any one has any idea why i'm facing Adobe Photoshop CS4 Brush sizing issue? Have others encountered this and is there a solution (setting I've missed)? This happens with every type of brush and brush tool I've tried. Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Adobe Photoshop CS4 Brush sizing issue

Make sure all the locks are lifted. Random images would not open in CS4 after making local edits (not just SAT brush). If you had pixel lock on after transparency lock, for example, transparency lock would still be active even if you've disabled pixel lock. Your problem is probably because you're using history brush, not brush. Locked transparency is only applicable if there are transparent pixels on a layer (a new one, for example).

Image would open in NIK or other external editors without a problem. Your video driver needs to be updated. This should solve the problem. Also, if I reimported the same image file, I could edit in CS4 as long as I did not make local edits. Check to see that you have version PS 11.0.1 Finally, the problem was solved when I switched LR back to 32 bit mode. I am running CR 5.5 with the latest Snow Lep version. I suspect this is another 64 bit issue with Adobe/Apple that they will hopefully fix soon.

Have you tried resetting the brush? This may be a video card or driver issue. See if there is an update for you video card. Have you tried turning off OpenGL drawing in Photoshop preferences? Also make sure your using the latest version of CS4. I think its 11.01. Another way is to paint the canvas with the simple brush, the single layer brush, the paint brush, etc and then select the DecoBrush and it should paint over the other brushes and if you left blank canvas area between the other brushes it should not paint that area- but you can then switch to flat render mode and see that the DecoBrush painted them (the blank areas) but does not show in the other render modes.