Thread: ISAPNP Read Data Port Error: Help

ISAPNP Read Data Port Error: Help

Hi, I have an IBM ThinkPad with Intel 855PM chipset. I am getting problem when I format my hard disk. When I complete my windows xp reinstallation, I installed the Intel Chipset dirvers which are at the CD of IBM(Ver 4.0.29). There is an exclamation mark against the entry "ISAPNP Read Data Port". In the device status it reads " This device cannot start (Code 10).".

Driver details are as follows:

Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Date: 7/1/2001
    Drivre Version: 5.1.2600.2180
    digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Publisher

In the Device Resources, it says that the device is not using any resources
    because there is a problem. Then I try to do the "Set Configuration Manually", but in the Resource Settings window, the following appear with a red slash in a circle against them:

Resource Type Setting
    I/O range 0A79-0A79
    I/O Range 0279-0279

I am unable to complete the update driver process successfully. Can anyone help me resolve this?
    Please reply me. I am waiting for your reply.

Re: ISAPNP Read Data Port Error: Help

Hi, I think your cd which contains the driver has been scratched, due to which, it is giving that error of the "ISAPNP Read Data Post Error". As I think you need to download all the drivers related to this port from the site of the IBM and it may possible that your problem would be solved. So, just try to download it and solve your problem. I think you will able to get this drivers from the category of the drivers of modem. Just try to make use of it, it will solve your problem.

Hi, I think you will able to solve this problem of ISAPNP Read Data Port Error with the help of following steps:

Steps to install ISAPNP Read Data Port driver:
    • Download file for ISAPNP Read Data Port from IBM site, save it.
    • Connect your ISAPNP Read Data Port to computer.
    • By Right clicking on My computer go to Device Manager.
    • Find your new ISAPNP Read Data Port on system category and then double click on device and press Reinstall.
    • Select Install from specific location, and Browse Microsoftdriver. Click next and then Finish.
    • After this procedure you should see new ISAPNP Read Data Port in system inside device manager.

Hi, I think you will able to solve your problem of ISAPNP Read Data Port Error with the help of internet. When your choose to update your driver, and when you unable to locate from the cd just, try to install it by taking the option of the install drivers form internet. And it will directly search for the drivers on internet and it will install the required drivers automatically. Just use it. I think this will solve your problem. Try to use it.