Thread: Not able to play files on LG BD390

Not able to play files on LG BD390

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently i had purchased a new LG BD390 which came with the Nero MH 4 Essentials. While the Media Library shows the files present in it, but now the problem is that when i try to put my music folders in the Media Library, i get error message on my BD390 stating that the MP3 files folders are empty. So, can any bod tell me that why does i'm not able to play files on LG BD390? Does any body knows about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Not able to play files on LG BD390

The Blu-Ray LG BD390 features WiFi connectivity and an internal memory of 1 GB. The GUI in the DVD player is simple but elegant and lets you view photos while also listening to music. It has limited support for various video formats but hopefully they will add more over time as well as a client for Amazon Video on Demand. With BD Live profile, can play videos in DivX at 1080p as both a disk from the USB port.

Unfortunately, the LG player does not appear to support that format. The files are visible but do not play. What format do the audio files have? I have the complete version and I don't have problems to stream audio files. The only problem that i have is with my itunes files that are DRM copy-protected.

The unit has an easy mechanism to update the firmware so I expect that LG will continue to add features and formats in the future. I believe it is a firmware limitation of the BD-390 and not the nero software. Videos play fine from the same server, just not mp3s. The same mp3s will play fine when copied to a thumb drive and connect to to the BD-390. I get the network congestion dialog box. Maybe you can ping their web site and inquire about their future plans or workarounds for the .wav format.

Dassa2009 Guest

ThumbsUp Re: Not able to play files on LG BD390

This is interesting topic and gave many good post. It is very useful and informative.