Thread: Mass storage controller driver issue on Windows 7

Mass storage controller driver issue on Windows 7

I'm trying to upgrade my system form Windows Vista to Windows 7. I'm having trouble while upgrading to Windows 7 as an error pops up during installation and says can not install windows 7. It gives out an error message stating that one or more drivers our out of date. But when i try to update it Windows can't find an update. Can any body tell me that why can't i install Windows 7? Why i'm facing mass storage controller driver issue on Windows 7? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Mass storage controller driver issue on Windows 7

Did you have any windows updates for your hardware, make sure you have optional updates selected as well. For the most part you must download the Windows Vista drivers from the manufacturer and see if they work in cases where Microsoft does not supply or find them automatically. Otherwise you'll have to wait for the manufacturer to release Windows 7 drivers for your hardware.

It should have retained the driver and will reload it. Now, it does sound as if your device needs more power than most. Such could be the root cause of your issues. You may need to download the Windows Vista 32 or x64 ( appropriate to the Windows 7 Bit you have installed) Chipset Driver - O2Micro OZH24 SD/MMC Host Controller. These devices need a bit more current than most others and the lack of power from the 5v to the USB header might be a clue.

Mass Storage Driver is a part of Windows, you do not need to install anything. Hit the Windows Key+R and type devmgmt.msc and hit enter. As for the other programs, I suggest visiting the TIPS page and read the OPTIMIZING tip which will help explain all the other programs I am suggesting you install as part of the ongoing cleaning/removal and maintenance from the spyware/malware issues that cause so many problems and slowdowns including the corruption of various device drivers such as the problem you are currently having. In the Device Manager look to see if you have any devices with yellow marks. If so, then you can download the drivers at your computer manufacturers support web site.