Thread: How to create 2 itunes accounts on the same PC

How to create 2 itunes accounts on the same PC

Hi,

I have my old ipod classic and recently I purchased ipod touch, I have already installed the tunes, but do not know how to use both, without erasing the other. I want to know, How to create 2 itunes accounts on the same PC ?? is this possible ???

Re: How to create 2 itunes accounts on the same PC

There are two ways, to create 2 itunes accounts on the same PC:

One is to create a new user in your operating system (Windows or Mac OS X). And for each user to maintain a separate iTunes library. This is useful when two people share the same computer use.

The other way is by creating playlists and then associate the lists you want to each iPod.

To do this you start iTunes connect one of the iPods, select from the list of fonts on the left and go to the Music tab.

In music you should mark the "Selected Playlists" and select all the lists you want it to be copied to the iPod.

Then do the same with the other iPod

To Create a playlist for your iPod Classic associate.

You will have to connect the iPod Classic, select from the list of fonts on the left and go to the Music tab.

In music you should mark the "Selected Playlists" and select the playlist where the songs will want to copy to the iPod.

In some cases desirable to your iPod automatically syncs with your iTunes library. This is mainly for two reasons :
    • For reasons of space we can not keep a copy of everything on your iPod in our computer library.
    • We can use our iPod on more than one iTunes library or on multiple computers.

For these cases, Apple offers a solution manual iPod management.

To set an iPod to manually manage it must follow these steps:
    1. Start iTunes
    2. Connect the iPod
    3. Select the iPod in the Source list (left)
    4. In the Summary tab check the option "Manually manage music" or "manage music and videos manually" if your iPod can play videos.

In this mode you must drag the songs you want to add to the iPod from the library to the iPod that is in the list of sources.

To delete or access the iPod's content is to click the gray triangle next to the iPod icon in the Source list. In manual mode you can select files, play or delete them by pressing Del.

Note: iPod shuffle is the only model that does not have the option to be managed manually.