Thread: Itunes Library.itl is locked

Itunes Library.itl is locked

Hi,

My problem is, I can not open itunes, I get this error message: "The iTunes Library.itl file is locked, on a locked disk, or you do not have write permission on this file." and i have uninstall and reinstall itunes some 3 times and open it from the session manager. The problem start when I try to update the new version of iTunes, download it but still leave this message and will not let me open the program, and I hope you can help, thanks ..

Re: Itunes Library.itl is locked

Try to following steps to remove error : Itunes Library.itl is locked

1) Go to itunes folder where that file is located (itunes Library.itl) if you can not find searched file (*. itl)
    2) Once you find it, copy it with another file itunes library to another location where you want ...
    3) Delete the original file and opened itunes, it should open now and not the existing songs (but no problem , you can copy the file)
    4) I had the same file copied to another place return it to its original place
    5) Then open it with double click .. should already be working ..

You can also resolve the problem by just renaming the files :
    - Find the itunes folder
    - Rename files (iTunes Music Library) and (iTunes Library) you can add if you want a point and accept the message that appears

- Now double click on itunes (iTunes Library c) renaming
    - You must open the itunes library but is blank
    - Now, click file, then import the files you are renowned and 2 originals, unless you're appear in the iTunes folder, select (iTunes Music Library b) the renowned
    - Click to open and displays a message saying importing

Then you will able to open itunes.

Another possibility is that you have installed a version of iTunes earlier than you had. If the latter then reinstall the latest version of iTunes.

If not that try the following:

In "My Documents / My Music" is a folder named "iTunes" within this folder should be another called "Previous iTunes Libraries". There are backups of all previous versions of iTunes libraries.

The file name should have the iTunes Library.itl where date is the date of backup

If a recent backup you can uninstall iTunes, install the older version of iTunes and replace the file "iTunes Library.itl" from "My Documents/My Music/iTunes" for the backup