Thread: How to convert jpeg files to mp3

How to convert jpeg files to mp3

While doing some operations on my system, all my all my music files got converted into jpeg format. Now i am not able to play any of the audio file as it is in jpeg format. Can any one here please tell me How to convert jpeg files back to mp3 format. Please help me.

Re: How to convert jpeg files to mp3

What you can do is, you can go to the folder option, inside folder option go to the view tab, there you need to uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types", and then apply. Just move on to the files you want to convert, after selecting the file, rename the extensions from .jpg to .mp3. I had also done this thing before and i got success in conversion.

You can either go for the file type conversion software or you can simply right-click on the file you want to convert and you need to select properties. After that change the "Open With" software and select windows media player or any other music player. Now see whether your .jpg files have been converted to .mp3 or not.

I don't think that just by changing the file type manually, you will be able to reconvert your files back. You have to use any conversion software which converts the file from .jpg to .mp3. I have heard about xillisoft converter, which converts a file to any other format. Go for the conversion software.

tiffany00antonio Guest

Since jpeg is a format of pictures and mp3 audios, I don't think you can convert jpeg to mp3 with a converter. And I doubt such a converter exists. Maybe you can solve this problem by change the file extension. But keep in mind that this problem happens, probably because they are infected by a virus. You should check and remove the virus, if it exists. Oh, if you cannot change some files' extension, you can use this unlocker: . It's freeware. You do not need to pay. And it should help. Good luck!
    Last edited by Rameez.J; 24-11-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: External Link Removed. Read Forum Rules.