Thread: Old system crashing while playing NFS most wanted

Old system crashing while playing NFS most wanted

Hi, I have an Intel core 2 duo processor system with 2Gb of ram and Windows XP service pack 2 as the operating system. Well I have an old system as well with the configuration of 512mb ram and Pentium 4 3 ghz processor. The problem is when I run the game NFS most wanted on my old system it crashes but it used to work fine before. Whereas it works very smoothly on my new system. Please tell what could be the problem. Thank you.

Re: Old system crashing while playing NFS most wanted

The problem can be with the power supply unit. As the game was working fine before on your old system and there could have been a possibility that you may not have used your system for quite a long time. You need to run a test wizard for your system power supply unit and it can be done by using a tester software. Use test memtest86 3.4a from downloads.cnet.com. You may end up with the solution. If the tests runs positive then it is quite likely to be the power supply problem.

Your problem seems with the compatibility of your system with the game. Nfs most wanted is a highly defined graphical suite application game. It is quite possible that your system is too old to play such a game with proper functioning. The thing is it may satisfactorily satisfy the minimum configuration for gaming due to which you were able to play the game. Now the issue may be overloading and your memory might have been used up. This can be a factor for your game getting crashed in your old system.

This can be result due to the need for overclocking. Try overclocking your GPU(Graphical processing unit). Your graphical card may be overheated to the overloading and which have resulted in crashing of NFS most wanted. You need to cool down your graphic card by adding thermal paste on it. This may let your graphic card not to overheat. Try this out it may work.