Thread: How to set up Web Farm and NLB without NAS?

How to set up Web Farm and NLB without NAS?

Hello friends,

I have having a little issue regarding set up of Webfarm and NBL.

I have got issue with that i have the local hard drive storage and dont have the Central storage for the webfarm.
    Now the main problem is with synchronization. If i want to synchronize the webpage then how will i perform this servers when the page added or updated.

Thanks.

Re: How to set up Web Farm and NLB without NAS?

Hope i am not late to reply,

Check out between computers which is on server for the Robust File Copy which is a command-line directory replication command with batch file and search for Robust File Copy task scheduler.

Now fill the first box with the script with farm, all changes is published.
    The task is enter in the to other boxes. You can use DFS for checkingversion of Windows 2003 R2 and the version which introduced after. It also require some sort of set up for the replication configuration.

Regards:

ThoMas321

To enable the replication setting, first you need to enable DFS for the Internet Data Folder. To so , below is the step by step process. Just go through this:-

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Distributed File System to start the DFS snap-in.

2. Right-click Distributed File System, point to New, and then click New Dfs root.

3. On the Welcome to the New Dfs Root Wizard screen, click Next.

4. On the Select the Dfs Root Type screen, click to select Create a domain Dfs root, and then click Next.

5. On the Select the Host Domain for the Dfs Root screen, type the name of your domain in the Domain name box, click to select the trusting domains in the Trusting Domains box, and then click Next.

6. On the Specify the Host Server for the Dfs Root screen, type the host server name in the Server name box, and then click Next.

7. On the Specify the Dfs Root Share screen, click to select Create a new share, type the share path in the Path to share box, type the descriptive name for the share in the Share name box, and then click Next.

8. On the Name the Dfs Root screen, type a unique name for the new root in the Dfs root name box, type an appropriate comment about the new root in the Comment box, and then click Next.

9. Review the creation information, and then click Finish.

After you completed you need to Enable FRS replication

To enable the FRS Replication

1. Open the DFS snap-in: Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Distributed File System.

2. Right-click the DFS link for the replica set, and then click Replication Policy.

3. In the Replication Policy dialog box, click Enable, and then click OK.Note: If replication is being enabled for the first time, the files and folders on the first server that is enabled (the initial master) become authoritative, which means that those files and folders are duplicated to other replicas for the first replication cycle before multimaster replication takes effect.

Thank you.