Thread: Playable videos shuts down the system

Playable videos shuts down the system

Hi. I have an Intel Gigabyte GA-8I915MD-GV board powered with pentium 4 3ghz processor. My system works with Windows XP service pack 2 and supported by 1GB memory of RAM. The problem with my system is whenever I try to play any video or a game the system gets rebooted. It has been quite a month that am facing this issue. I have no idea what has to be done. Please kindly suggest and provide me with the necessary solution. Thank you.
    Last edited by Franscisco; 20-11-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Re: Playable videos shuts down the system

Hi, This could be a problem with the media player you are using. Your system might be affected or the application you are trying to execute is with a virus or malware.It happens when a file is affected you are actually executes the virus or malware to perform not the application. This leads in malfunctioning due to which you end up with problems in your system. You need to run an Antivirus scan check wizard. This would lead you to detect the threats and remove it from your system in order to make things better and to your favor.

Hello. This can be an issue of your system faults as well. There could be a possibility that your system is getting overheated due to which it is unable to load the program. Application programs like games and videos require lot of memory and process in order to get executed. Your processor and ram is loaded tremendously with huge amount of data in order to get executed. This is the reason your system is getting rebooted again and again.

Hi. Well you need to check the video cards compatibility. There could be an issue with your card. It might need an update. Update your video cards driver from the manufacturers site. Overheating is also a consideration for the same. You need to cleanup your processors cooling fan and apply thermal paste on them and RAm as well. This would make the device to coll down and would disallow them to heat up easily. You also need to apply the paste to the heat sink of the power supply. This might help you out. God luck.