Thread: Get Dll link in SharePoint Designer

Get Dll link in SharePoint Designer

Hi,
    I was quiet familiar with Microsoft Frontpage for publishing my documents online. Now I switched to SharePoint Server which is new version of Frontpage. There are lots of similarities I discovered between both applications. The only thing I want to is a basic description of SharePoint Designer and where to find the main DLL linked to Sharepoint. Also tell me how to deploy a WebPart in Sharepoint. Thanks in advance.

Re: Get Dll link in SharePoint Designer

Sharepoint Designer is a tool that fee is intended to be the successor of FrontPage. It serves to customize SharePoint sites. By customization we mean. Change the style (look & feel) pages. Create / Edit new pages or delete. Create workflows. It offers a graphical interface for viewing the changes before applying them. Graphical view refers to three basic concept. They are A graphical view, View source & A view divided between graphical and source code.

The Dlls files are critical system component. So it is necessary that you must be sure about what to do. The files are basically located in the Windows directory. The folder where the program is installed. Here you can get the link. Let assume C is your main Windows drive. Then the location for the same is c: \ program files \ common files \ microsoft shared \ web server extensions \ 12 \ isapi. The assembly for manipulating objects located in Sharepoint Microsoft.SharePoint.dll

A Web Part is a server control inheriting from the WebPart class. The developer must create its graphical environment "manually" without the support of the designer (see next question). By deploying manual means: Creating a project type "library project" whose main class inherits from WebPart. Signing your assembly. Deploying the assembly in the GAC, etc.