Thread: What is Custom List

What is Custom List

Hi,
    I need explanation about certain terms which are used in Microsoft SharePoint server. This terms really confuses me. Like how can you define a Custom List and in the same way what are the different forms of a library. Now this confuses me with the Document Library. Are they linked to each other. Also post some additional information about this topic. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is Custom List

Custom List are the lists that can contain all kinds of information. They are not dedicated to contain a predefined type. In the same way the Form Library (ies) are intended to contain InfoPath forms. One can associate a default template that opens when you create a new element. And the Document Library is a lists which are intended to contain all document types (word, excel, powerpoint, page, etc ...)

One more concept I will like to explain you is the Form Templates. It is a list that contains all InfoPath forms for use with Forms Services. Before ending up in this list, the documents have been previously loaded into Sharepoint by an administrator. Second thing is a hearing. A hearing is a kind of group, whose members are defined by a rule.

The MySite is a personal space available to each SharePoint user. This is a SharePoint site where you can drop what you want. There are 2 parts: private, visible only by the user in question and where you put what you want, and part public, visible to all users and that they may see your place in the hierarchy Some of your data, etc. A hearing will, for example, indicate that all users set to Sales property Department of their profile will be part of the hearing Sales.