Thread: Automated downloads on my Acer aspire 4310 laptop

Automated downloads on my Acer aspire 4310 laptop

Hi. Well I have an Acer aspire 4310 laptop with Intel core 2 duo processor also installed with Windows 7. I have a broadband connection for accessing internet. I use Ie 7 as my web browser. The problem is that my browser automatically starts downloading and uploading contents. Whenever I check my broadband usage it shows that some content has been uploaded and downloaded. It shows up in the section of download usage and uploads count in terms of MB's. Please help.

Re: Automated downloads on my Acer aspire 4310 laptop

Hi. This is definitely a problem of virus. A virus may be malfunctioning due to which the downloads are getting automatically done. The problem basically turns out to be dangerous as it automatically downloads threats from various sites without even letting you know. You need to scan your system for safety. Clean up your system by running the scan wizard.

Hello. The reason is basically of a malware. A malware is itself a process which turns out to be a useful application but actually performs dangerous functions. It mostly uses or append itself to a application which you may be using and then tries to execute its process. This is the reason your downloads are getting automatically done. It would have affected your browser. Scan up your system.

Hi. Well there can be also an issue that your system may not be affected by any virus or a malware. the reason could be due to the automatic updates. You might have turned on the Windows automatic update feature due to which whenever you use Internet windows looks out for the automatic updates from the Microsoft's official site. This process runs on the background and you are not aware of it. You can turn off the automatic updates by following the step as Goto Start> Settings> control panel> Automatic updates. click on the option of turn off automatic updates. Your system wont download any updates without even your knowledge.