Thread: Winrar 9.0 cannot decompress certain files

Winrar 9.0 cannot decompress certain files

Hi. I have been using Intel core 2 duo processor desktop system with windows 7 installed in it. The problem is with my extraction software application. I use Winrar 9.0 as my compression and decompression software . It is not allowing me to decompress certain files associated with compressor. These files are not getting decompressed. I have tried other files but they do get. Please help me out. What could be the issue?

Re: Winrar 9.0 cannot decompress certain files

Hello. This problem is generally associated with the type of file you are trying to decompress. The reason might be of the incompatibility of the file with the software that you are using to decompress. It can be a file that is in the extraction format but may be the extension of the file may not be supported with the software. Check it out. try other compressor tool for the same.

The reason for the unsupported type could be due to a virus. The files you are trying to decompress may be affected by a virus. This is the reason due to which it is not getting decompressed. Some files which may be affected do not respond to the user related queries because they have been restricted by an other source. This source could a virus. Scan the file.

Hello. You can get a desired solution to this. The solution to the problem is that this file may be encrypted that is it might be supported to the other software application. Try winzip or zipgenius software application. This might help you out. the other reason could be of your application been outdated. Update your software application and then try decompressing the files. Good luck.