Thread: Can I convert 2gb into 200mb

Can I convert 2gb into 200mb

Hello everyone
    I was wondering if I can convert 2gb into 200mb.I heard from a source that Winuha software compresses at a high ratio. Anyone know how it can be done. Few days back I saw a Windows 7 CD which was 250mb and fully functional. I think it was highly compressed. If I can do such a compression I can save a lot of space. So, please if any one know about it, can share with all of us. Thanks in advance.

Re: Can I convert 2gb into 200mb

Hi
    Text files are one such files that be compressed wiht extreme compression ratios. But I do not think this can be done wiht multimedia files and executable file, because these files are already compressed. And if you try to compress them further the ration will be very low. WinUHA is very easy to use frontend for Usharc compressor. Nanozip is a good alternative when it comes to file compression. It tops in most of the compression benchmarks. You were talking about windows 7 which is 200mb, in most cases the release groups from the original source cut down the extra and unnecessary files. I think this i how they achieve such small size.

Hi
    Thanks for your reply. You said that the release groups cut down the extra and the unnecessary file from the original source. Ok, this may be true. But the Windows 7 CD which I saw was Original Windows 7, File type was WinRaR and after extraction its size was 2.20 GB. This means that all the windows 7 operating system files were present in the CD. This is what i am still think of. How can this be done, even I was this for the first time. If any one knows the technique to do this do post, please.

Hello
    I have tried the Nanozip software. It is very good, I tested and compressed 4.8gb into 1.57gb. But I think if a get a application which compresses the files in a RAR or a ZIP file format, it would be great. Nanozip does not save the output file in the RAR or ZIP file format. It has a dos project window. As the above post said that windows 7 is compressed in a 200mb CD and in a RAR file format. This sounds great, even I was thinking that is this possible or it is just a fake copy. If it is possible please share with us.