Thread: can't find volume controller

can't find volume controller

I can't find the volume controller icon in the task bar. I do have sound, but just don't have the icon. When I go to control panel, then sound and audio devices tab, and then I click on the checkbox that says put volume icon in task bar, it says the volume control program is not installed and go to add/remove to install it. I am not getting from where do I find it in the add/remove section?

Re: can't find volume controller

You are not getting the icon in the taskbar, that means means that there should be a hardware or software problem. First of all, reinstall your sound card and go to control panel and then open sound and audio devices or multimedia tab and put a check mark in show the volume control check box, after that click apply or OK and exit out. Your should get that icon back.

The method given in the above reply by raine is correct. Still you can go by the another way, just go to the device manager, and then remove the sound drivers completely and then exit out by clicking OK. Now restart your system and after the restart, the audio should be re-installed.

The problem for this error stays in the Windows Audio Service, which starts automatically when the sound card is installed and its working. You can reactivate the audio service by following the instructions given below:
    Click on Start and then Run,

Type services.msc and then press Enter,

Scroll down to Windows Audio in the right-hand column and double-click on it.

Just make sure that the Startup type is set to Automatic and then click on the Start button under Service Status. The Windows Audio service will restart and the error with the volume control will get resolve.